Position Details: Staff II Accountant- Crofton
- The Staff II will prepare Federal, state, and local tax returns for individuals, exempt organizations, partnerships and LLCs, S corporations, C corporations, and trusts.
- The Staff II will prepare supporting work papers and review trial balances and client data for reasonableness and completeness; prepare book and tax journal entries, including accrual to cash entries, as needed.
- The Staff II will prepare annual and quarterly income tax provisions.
- The Staff II will assist with tax planning, research, and consulting engagements as requested.
- The Staff II will provide ongoing status updates to management.
- The Staff II will provide exceptional client service.
- The Staff II will be able to clean up bookkeeping.
- The Staff II will be able to assist with full cycle accounting for outsourced clients as needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 2+ years of relevant public accounting experience, including individual and business tax compliance for small to mid-size clients and accrual to cash conversions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; masters in tax a plus.
- CPA or the eligibility to sit for the CPA exam.
- Exceptional project management, analytical, research, and written and verbal communication skills, coupled with the utmost attention to detail.
- Dedication to development and enhancement of team environment.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously (multi-task) and effectively and efficiently prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Superior client service focus.
- Proficiency with ProSystem fx Tax and Quickbooks, Caseware, and Excel is a plus.
This is a part-time position located in Crofton, Maryland on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. More hours possible once experience is gained.