Position Details: Senior Tax Accountant
- Prepare Federal, state, and local tax returns for individuals, exempt organizations, partnerships and LLCs, S corporations, C corporations, and trusts.
- Prepare supporting work papers and review trial balances and client data for reasonableness and completeness; prepare book and tax journal entries, including accrual to cash entries, as needed.
- Prepare annual and quarterly income tax provisions.
- Provide technical support, guidance, and training to tax staff.
- Assist with tax planning, research, and consulting engagements as requested.
- Provide ongoing status updates to management.
- Provide exceptional client service.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3+ years of relevant public accounting experience, including individual and business tax compliance for small to mid-size clients and accrual to cash conversions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; masters in tax a plus.
- CPA or the eligibility to sit for the CPA exam.
- Exceptional project management, analytical, research, and written and verbal communication skills, coupled with the utmost attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and develop tax staff.
- Dedication to development and enhancement of team environment.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously (multi-task) and effectively and efficiently prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Superior client service focus.
- Proficiency with ProSystem fx Tax, Caseware, and Excel.
This description is for informational purposes only, intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities and duties of the position, and is not all-inclusive. Other duties will be expected to be performed as part of the position and responsibilities and duties may change over time. Halt Buzas & Powell, Ltd. is an at-will employer.