Position Details: Senior Accountant
- Provide analytical and mechanical assistance on day-to-day accounting operations, such as A/R, A/P, and payroll processing.
- Assist with the preparation of cash, credit card, and other asset and liability account reconciliations for month-end and year-end.
- Assist with the preparation of complete and accurate financial statements (balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, etc.) for month-end and year-end.
- Prepare schedules for annual audits and tax returns.
- Prepare neat, well-formatted work papers.
- Maintain effective written and verbal communication with clients and colleagues.
- Perform the assigned tasks as expeditiously as possible to meet realization requirements.
- Perform other tasks as assigned, such as Form 1099 preparation.
- Travel to and from various client work-sites.
Qualifications & Skills:
- At least one year of experience in outsourced or private accounting with consistent performance at or above the satisfactory level (professional references will be screened to confirm experience).
- Ability to thrive and adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to follow instruction quickly and transfer knowledge from one engagement to another.
- Must be able to provide neat, well-formatted work.
- Must exhibit a positive, mature attitude and maintain a neat, clean appearance.
- Exceptional project management, analytical, research, and written and verbal communication skills, coupled with the utmost attention to detail.
- Dedication to development and enhancement of team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively and efficiently prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Superior client service focus.
- Ability to travel to and from various client worksites, including non-metro accessible sites.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel.
This description is for informational purposes only, intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities and duties of the position, and is not all-inclusive. Other duties will be expected to be performed as part of the position and responsibilities and duties may change over time. Halt Buzas & Powell, Ltd. is an at-will employer.